Wednesday, January 1, 2014

37 and 1/2 Weeks and Freaking Out a Little!

37 and 1/2 weeks....2 1/2 weeks left. I keep telling people that when they ask me, but when I actually say it out loud to myself and think about it, my hands start to shake a little.  I don't understand how time flies so quickly. I remember thinking in July about Christmas. I thought, "that is so far away, I'll have plenty of time to prepare for the babes." But here we are, a few weeks away. I'm 92% excited, 8% terrified, or maybe it is 8% excited, 92% scared.  I really am so excited to hold Ivy in my arms and see what our cute little munchkin is going to look like.

Prego Update:
How far along? 37 weeks and 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: I think it is 25 lbs (I'll let you know after I get on the dreaded scale on Friday for my next dr. appt.) My sister Jamie said that the last time she went, she didn't look at the scale and it was amazing. I may have to take her approach. What you don't know won't kill ya!
Maternity clothes? I have been gravitating between like 6 outfits for the last few weeks. My go-to outfits include a couple things: leggings, a big sweater/shirt, boots and usually a scarf. My ever-expanding belly LOVES these outfits.
Stretch marks? None that I can see so far. But maybe it's because it's hard to see any part of my body now with my big belly blocking my view.
Sleep: It's getting a little bit harder to sleep. Now that Ivy is moving lower and lower into position, I have to pee a lot during the day and about 2-3 times during the night. I also wake up sometimes with those fake contractions. The ones that just hurt a little and are super short. 
Best moment this week: Having NO plans on New Years, so Jason and I put on our sweats and slippers, watched a movie, ate delish Thai Food and just hung out. It was so nice to just relax with Jas. Also, when Ivy seriously kicked her little heel like an inch out of my stomach and Jas was able to feel it.

Miss Anything? Dressing in normal clothes. Sushi. Working out. Running. 
Movement: Ivy moves constantly. When she doesn't move for a bit, I get freaked out and try to wake her up. Her movements shake my whole stomach now. I can usually grab her heel when she kicks. It's really fun to experience.
Food cravings:  Mandarin Chinese Food (Imperial Chow Mein, Ham Fried Rice, Five Taste Shrimp). Tomato soup with noodles. Hot chocolate almost every morning or night.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Certain smells and right when I wake up in the morning because I'm hungry.
Have you started to show yet: People still tell me that I'm hardly showing, but I feel huge. Here is the most recent pic of my baby bump. Don't mind the background. I'm too lazy to crop it. 



Gender: Girl
Development: Baby is as big as a watermelon (19 to 22 in, 6.5 lbs). That is what my app says. When I went to the dr and he measured her, she was around 5 lbs 12 oz.
Labor Signs: Just in the past few days. I've felt the fake contracts, but nothing other than that.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, unless I'm hungry or super tired. 
Looking forward to: My Dr. appt Friday & my family baby shower on Saturday!

There were a lot of fun things or highlights of December that I haven't written about.

1. My mom threw her 2nd annual Christmas Tea Party. It gets more amazing each year and I love going. We drink hot chocolate, eat amazing sandwiches, salads and appetizers. We then do a craft (I'm really bad at this part), but it is still really fun.




For the craft, we made adorable trees out of fabric and decorated ornaments. My mom did most of mine, but I loved the finished products.





2. We got a lot further on our baby nursery. My sisters and Mom helped put up the polka-dots on the wall and Jason and my brothers set up the crib. It's coming together and I'm so excited.




3. We had our annual Spaghetti Factory dinner and Temple Square lights. Our family is getting so big, we take up almost the entire restaurant!




There are so many things I love about the picture below, but mostly I love it because Lucy is photobombing, Mikey is photobombing and Jame is pulling the old school bunny ears.


4. We had our annual Christmas work luncheon at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Love the people I work with.

5. Jason and I made our mix we always make. We made WAY too much. It took up all of our countertop.


6. Enjoying the Sunday before Christmas in front of the tree. 


 7. Christmas Eve, spent at Jason's extended family party, then watching the Christmas Story with the Davies Fam. I pulled out the sequined leggings at an attempt to distract people away from my huge baby bump.


8. Christmas Day was spent with the Meeks. It was so fun, getting our pj's, playing the quarter game (Jason won), and just enjoying the family time. We were SO spoiled by both families with gifts for Jas Ivy, and I!




9. Jason cut his hair! Happy New Year to me! It was the longest it has ever been. I was a teensy bit elated about him cutting it....just a little. He's so handsome.

BEFORE:


AFTER:

I am so blessed at this point in my life right now. I have an amazing husband, family & in-laws. I also have an adorable baby Ivy Grace Davies coming into my life in a couple weeks. Can't wait for the change she is going to make in our family.





No comments:

Post a Comment