Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter was a little different this year since it fell on conference Sunday. We wore our Easter outfits the week before Easter to church. I couldn't believe how grown up Ivy looked. I officially have a toddler now instead of a baby. I can't talk about it or I'll start crying.

After we went to church, we went to my mom's house. Every single time we go there, Ivy points out the door to go see the "horsies." She won't stop pointing and whining till we go outside and see them. We got to go over to my parent's next door neighbor's house and hold a bunny (the red eyes kinda creep me out), see the goats, and Ivy got to ride a horse. She didn't know how she felt about it during the ride, but she was sure proud of herself afterward. I think it may have been the best day of her life.

The next Saturday, the day before Easter was pretty much the worst day. The girlies in the fam were doing our girls night while the men were at Priesthood session. While we were getting fro-yo at station park, Ivy starting barfing (more than I've seen any little kid barf). The Frozen Yogurt shop was so crowded, and she wouldn't stop barfing. I was freaking out as people just stared at us. We got her in the bathroom and cleaned her up, but I could tell she felt awful. Ivy had the flu for the next 2 days and couldn't keep anything down. It was so awful. I would do anything to prevent Ivy from getting that flu EVER AGAIN. I know it will happen, but it is the absolute worst. The next week, I got sick, then Jas had it. So we are definitely glad that week is over.

We were still able to listen to amazing General Conference and our prophet speak. It made me so grateful for my marriage, for Jason and the amazing father he is. I'm so grateful for the true celebration of Easter, that Jesus was resurrected, and because #heisrisen, I get to be with my family forever.

I know, I know...she looks a lot more like Jason than me. They're twins!

Ivy last Easter. Now you see why I'm close to tears! She's so grown up now.




Holding the bunny, or Jason holding the bunny...I was a little bit nervous. Ignore my socks with shoes situation.









No comments:

Post a Comment