Wednesday, September 1, 2010

AHH SWEN YA BO BA BITZEEWAWA


If you didn't know by the title, it is from Lion King. Not really sure how to spell it, but I have had those random chants stuck in my head since last night. Jason, I, and my family went to see Lion King at the Capitol Theater last night. I don't think many people know how much of a dork I am when it comes to plays, especially musical ones. I have loved the play Les Mis since the first moment I heard the music. When I was little, I had all the songs memorized, and my mom always tried to make me sing "Castle on a Cloud" in church. Then I saw the play and was more obsessed. Without fail, every time i see Les Mis now, I cry, I laugh, and my mouth hangs open because I become so engrossed in it every time.
Lion King was no different. I thought the costumes were amazing, it was so awesome how people moved like the animals, and how the voices seriously sounded so much like the Disney movie. I also loved the music. They had the most amazing voices, especially Rafiki. The play was also hilarious; Timon, Pumba, and Zazu were my favorites. Jason said he would look over, and I would have my mouth open staring at the stage. Yes, I am a dork. It was so fun, Thanks Dad and Mom for taking us. I always like to spend time with the fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment