Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Then and now

Do you ever catch yourself looking at pictures on facebook of yourself years and years ago? I caught myself doing that the other day. I looked at myself in high school in Mexico City, Jamie's wedding, Matt's wedding, college at BYU, the Holidays, when I met Jason in Lake Powell, and when we first started dating. I look so young and innocent (probably because I was). It's funny how at that time you think you have everything figured out. Now looking back, I had no idea where my life would be. I had no idea that I'd be married to such an amazing guy who makes me laugh until I cry and makes me feel beautiful even when I am almost 30 weeks pregnant. I never knew I'd be so happy at a job I love with a baby girl coming in a few months. I'm very blessed.  Just wanted to reminisce a little.

THEN:

This was when Jason and I met. I walked into the houseboat, saw him and thought, "oh man, I'm in trouble." Major crush at first sight. He was actually semi-dating the blonde girl to my left at the time. Even though he wore bandana's, kicked me in the head off the back of the tube, and tried to be a gangsta, he had me at "What up?"


This picture is just to prove that Jason was once a BYU fan. Pshhh..yeah right, he lost a bet. But I still like bringing up this picture every now and again.


I hid this bandana from him after we started dating. This was probably our 3rd or 4th date. We look so young.

Graduating from BYU, 2 months before we were about to be married. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.

NOW:


It's amazing how much we didn't know then that we know now. I bet that you realize that every few years. You look back and think..."wow, we have learned so much."

Here are a couple things I have learned:
1. Every day may be work, school, eat and bed, but finding someone who makes the every day fun and exciting is essential.
2. Choose to be happy through the hardships.
3. Laugh through it all.
4. Marry your best friend...and if you don't do that....find a best friend in the person you marry.

Love this boy, love my life and can't wait to meet baby Davies in 3 months.

2 comments:

  1. You two are so cute! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post. I was looking at photos from the past just last week, it was very interesting!! Thanks for sharing.

    Much Love,
    Amy K
    http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete